Thursday, May 26

i'm getting nervous

i'm getting nervous for my race saturday. i'm not really sure why since i'm just doing this for myself and will be happy if i finish, which i expect to do. i don't care about my time or place, but i want to cross the starting line and the finish line (the last cross finishes the horsing line.. or something like that).

i'm not sure why i'm nervous though because i used to run cross country in high school, granted that was before i started drinking beer and before my metabolism slowed down and before a lot of other crap, and the longest i ever ran then was just over 4K. but the good thing is that i don't drink beer anymore and i've lost all the extra weight that came when i went away to school. i guess i'm just saying that i've come a long way and i just want to finish. i already have my heart set on doing a 10K later on this summer.

the other thing that's neat, and forgive me for going on and on about running stuff, is there's a club of people who run marathons. well, i'm sure there are lots of clubs like this, but the one i want to mention is one where it's a goal of the club to have all the members run a marathon on each of the 7 continents. or the run-a-marathon-in-all-the-states clubs. wouldn't that be neat?

my long-term goal, and i'm going to tell you because i know that i'm going to reach it someday, is to run a half-marathon and eventually a full marathon. and i'm going to do it for me and no one else.

No comments: