Sunday, November 18

saturday fun

we went on a hike with L, S and A yesterday. beaver trail is part of the ncc's greenbelt. it was chilly but fine when you're moving.

215_1589 (Medium)

we were on the lookout for beavers, but instead saw tons of chickadees. they would fly right up to you, swerve and fly away. but then we stopped at a little lookout point and i put my hand up, joking that they would just come and land in my hand, and then ONE DID! i freaked out because it felt like something bit my finger. everyone was laughing at me, but then they all put their hands out hoping one would come to them.

215_1570 (Medium)

it was fun.

215_1584 (Medium)

2 comments:

Author said...

It's great that you're such a shutter-bug and always have a camera with you to document such amazing moments like birds landing on your hand, a la Cinderella!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I would call these chickadees 'cinderella' birds. At times it felt like we were being followed by a group of pushy panhandlers. But they were definitely cute!

That last photo is great: "It's a bird!.... it's a plane!.... no, it's definitely a bird."