Wednesday, November 4

Play and Learn

L invited me to a free trial class at Gymboree. I took Baby J and met her and Baby R there this afternoon. They have a series of classes depending on the age of your kid. Obviously we were Level 1 for 0-6 month-old babies.

I got there late, but enjoyed the class. You basically sing songs and play with your baby. The songs were in english and french. The games included "tummy time", dancing around, bubbles, parachute and using props like a hand puppet and a scarf.

The look on Baby J's face when the scarf billowed down around him was priceless. The kid, who has only been smiling for about a week, just loved it.

I loved the atmosphere. I have this thing where I don't like imposing and I don't like people waiting around for me. At the wedding last month, I felt terrible when the baby started crying mid-way through the speeches and then wailed while I fumbled around trying to get him changed and happy again. I thought that people would be so mad and annoyed and generally not pleased with me. But with a group like at the Gymboree class and the Salsa Babies class, it doesn't matter if your little one cries. It's almost expected. And it happens to everyone. It's nice - hard to explain but nice all the same.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Honestly, crying babies don't bother me at all. I get more annoyed at the obnoxious people who make faces and go tsk-tsk when babies do what babies are supposed to do - cry to let you know what they need.

Just my two cents. I'm glad you had a good time.