Saturday, November 15

Yaris!

We've been thinking for a while about trading in the Mazda 3 for something smaller, more fuel efficient. We test-drove a whole bunch of cars a couple of months ago and decided on the Yaris. Because it's near the end of the year, we thought it was a good time to buy. We went in a couple of weeks ago to see if we could get a 2008. The saleswoman wouldn't even check for one. The next week, J called another dealership and spoke with the manager. This guy was awesome; he found us a car, got it shipped to town, and gave us good service the whole time. We got a decent value for the 3 on the trade in and walked away with a brand new car.

IMG_3931 (Medium)

It's a 2008 Toyota Yaris 5-door hatchback RS. It's a cute little black thing, apparently more peppy than J was expecting.

P365 Day 320 November 15  IMG_3939 (Medium)

I can't comment myself because I haven't driven it. It's a manual transmission - I've driven stick before but not often enough to feel comfortable. I'm confident that I will learn quickly but I couldn't help feeling a little sorry for myself for losing a bit of my freedom when we handed over the keys to the 3.

Here we are, all happy in our new wheels:

IMG_3926 (Medium)

2 comments:

Author said...

Aw, I miss my old car! If it's anything like my old Echo was, yeah, they're surprisingly peppy. Congrats on the new addition! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice wheels! I know you'll probably miss the 3 but I'm sure it won't be long before you're the stick-shift queen. And this one will be easier to parallel park :-)