Thursday, October 22

Packing on the pounds

On Tuesday our little guy hit the six-week mark. I know I know, eventually I will be counting his age in years, but since he's still so young it has to be weeks. And six weeks is significant because that's when you get discharged from the midwives.

We went for our appointment and were happy to find out that Baby J has been packing on the pounds and is now over 10 pounds. Weight, thankfully, is always measured in pounds, though the ounces mean something at this point too but I won't bore you with those details. He's healthy and that's what matters.

It was bittersweet having our last appointment with the midwives. We really really liked having a midwife (3 actually) instead of an OB and will go with them again if/when we have another kid. We're back to our family doctor and we have to see her in two weeks for Baby J's vaccinations. I need to read up on what vaccinations are offered - some are necessary but others are opt-in types.

J is back to work at the beginning of November, which is coming up real fast. Because I know he's going back and won't be around during the day much longer, this week has flown by. I'm not sure what I'm going to do without him around - sleep less during the day no doubt - and if I'll be able to handle things. It's been so nice having him home.

I don't know what our last week together will be like. Hopefully we can find some fun things to do.

1 comment:

Captain Underpants said...

Ahhh I was over 10 pounds at birth, my sad mama had to bypass all the newborn clothes she laid out. I think she gave them to my sister for dolls.

I'm sure it'll be super weird to have J back at work, but maybe it'll be just another transition in this long list of transitions that you have been rocking so far.

Hooray for healthy babies! All pounds and ounces of him.
xo!