Tuesday, May 23

steeeping

i have to admit i'm in a bit of a funk. i'm not the happiest camper i've ever been and i can't seem to shake it. i would really like to go to bed until this passes, but obviously that's not an option. so i come to work and i'll go to baseball like i always do and hope that i can get through without my mood affecting too many of the people around me. that's the hardest part.

i also feel like i have so many things to do and not enough time to get them done. and i'm not even leaving for anywhere, like m is. this week i'm focusing on my training, if you can call it that. my race is this saturday night and i am so ill-prepared. i would like to think that i would be in better shape if i hadn't gotten sick, but you never know.

so here's my plan, partially for you, my readers, partially to keep myself motivated.
today, tuesday: go to the gym and run run run. wednesday: bike to and from work, no running. thursday: go to the gym after work and run run run. friday: off. no biking and no running. saturday: little run in the morning. race at night. think i can stick to that? here's hoping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good training plan. I definitely agree on the friday off bit. The last thing you want is to show up on race day with no juice in the batteries.

Also, I know what you mean about being in a funk. I'm blaming my personal funk on jet lag and having to trade sunny blue greek skies for grey rainy canadian ones. Regardless, it's been far too long since I woke up and actually felt like getting out of bed.

Maybe tomorrow's the day.

Anonymous said...

alan, you have a very legitimate excuse. me, not so much.

at least this is a short week.