Saturday, December 13

Back at it

I stopped going to the gym when I started training for my half marathon. That was back at the end of June. July, August and September, I ran my little heart out. I ran the race at the end of September then I promptly took up a more sloth-y lifestyle.

My gym membership expired at the end of September and I didn't bother to renew. I wasn't sure at that point what sports I would be doing, whether I would continue running outside all winter. I finally decided to not play hockey or volleyball this winter. I thought about trying a martial art or taking dance lessons, but shied away from both because they are complete unknowns.

Three weeks ago, I decided I would renew my gym membership. I also decided I would try and go to the gym three times a week - on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I managed to go the first Monday and Wednesday but was too sore to go that Friday. Last week I was good and went all three days. It feels nice to work hard and have sore muscles. I didn't realize how much I missed it.

No comments: