Friday, August 1

Confessions

Confessions are good for the soul, right? I have one.

I did something stupid last night. Something that when I see people doing exactly what I did, I wonder what they were thinking. Then I find myself doing it and not turning back.

I ran along an unlit, 80km/h road. With nothing reflective on. By myself. At night. Without telling anyone my route.

How's that for stupid?

But I'm fine. I got home just fine, though I definitely ran that whole way because my mind was racing and I was scaring myself.

Ever since starting my training program (which is going well by the way) J has come with me about half the time and the times when I've run alone, I've always Gmap'd my route and left it open on the computer for him. Last night, he wasn't home and I waited long enough so that it was dark when I left.

Did I learn from my mistakes? Not really. Will I do it again? Most likely.

At least I feel better now.

1 comment:

Captain Underpants said...

Well jeez Batman! YOU might feel better but now you made me all nervous because you're planning to be a repeat offender! Safety first dude :-) Deffo not worth the risk. Maybe thinks about cyclist lights or something, eh?