Wednesday, August 27

Cottage Weekend

Work on Friday seemed to take forever because I knew we were leaving for the cottage and couldn't wait to get out of there. The day finally ended and we hopped in the car. We met S&L at A&S's house and headed out. We made good time even though we stopped twice - once for dinner and once for groceries.

It was SW's birthday Friday and SK's coming up so L and I got the birthday cake iced and candled and sang our little hearts out.

P365 Day 235 August 22  IMG_3342 (Medium)

The rest of Friday night was full of beer and singing around the campfire. SK was the winner of the night and went to bed with a bucket.

Saturday the weather was perfect. There were boat rides and sailing and windsurfing and tanning.

IMG_3343 (Medium)
P365 Day 236 August 23  IMG_3350 (Medium)
IMG_3369 (Medium)

Saturday night we were all sitting around the campfire. We had been talking about skinny dipping earlier and someone said that we should do it. Thankfully I had already gotten into the liquor and had enough nerve to strip down and run into the water. I've never been skinny dipping and never thought I would ever do it in a lake. But I did and I'm glad I did. Now I can cross that off my list of things-to-do-before-I-die. And now my friends have seen me n*aked - awesome.

Saturday was my night to win, but I avoided the bucket.

Sunday we decided to stay so we had the whole day and again the weather was perfect. We went searching for turtles and boating around the lake, we went out to the raft and swam, we worked on our burns.

P365 Day 237 August 24  IMG_3306 (Medium)
IMG_3414 (Medium)
IMG_3418 (Medium)

We got back into town after 8pm, had dinner at S&L's and went home. The cats were super excited to see us. I was dozing off on the car ride home but managed to get myself completely unpacked, showered and ready for bed. It was a really great weekend.

No comments: