Tuesday, August 26

Great weekend, great high

I had a great time at the cottage this weekend and when I have more time I will tell you all about it. All I can give you now is a quick note before I collapse into bed. The weather was good, the food was good, the company was good and the alcohol was good. At least for me. I came out of the weekend with a hang over and a good tan. I got some great pictures and some great stories. I surprised myself and did some things I never thought I would do.

I'm such a tease.

Now, if you were paying attention, the title of this post includes the word "high". I'm referring to the fact that I ran 18K tonight. 2K longer than I've ever run and I feel great! I felt strong and fast. This week's long run is 20K and then I taper before the race. I also have to commit and officially sign up. I have the rest of the week to do that.

So I promise another post soon with cottage stories and pictures. Not that you can't just go and look at the pictures whenever you want.

This week isn't terribly busy so far. I had my long run tonight and will likely be running either early Sunday morning or Monday after work again. Beach volleyball is done so I have nothing planned tomorrow night and nothing Wednesday or Thursday nights either. I even think Friday is free so far. Maybe I will get my piles and piles of laundry done. At least I have Saturday night's party to look forward to. Because I really need another party.

No comments: