Saturday, September 20

Headache - A post in which I complain

Bear with me - I don't have any real problems in my life.

I went today to have my hair dyed. This is something I've never done outside of the comfort of my own bathroom. I was nervous and excited and totally not prepared.

I was not prepared for the associated smells nor the time I was going to spend in the shop. If you know me, then you know that I am not a typical girl. I do not have a thing for shoes or for clothes nor do I wear perfume or tons of make up. Having only dyed my hair from a box, I didn't know all he steps and how toxic the smells were. I've never had my hair washed so many times, and combed and brushed and yanked and whatever else. It was physically painful and I thought that was why my head was pounding for hours afterwards, but then I realized that, even after a shower, my head smelled awful. It was an ammonia-y musky smell. I'm pretty sure the smell was the reason for the lasting headache.

I also did not know that getting my hair dyed was going to take 4 hours. Four hours! And people do this regularly? Really? Thankfully, my only tasks today were to run a short distance and to eat some pasta, otherwise I could never have spent that kind of time doing anything let alone something so superficial.

All that to say that I now have dark brown hair (J called me his raven - I think he likes it) with highlights and a monster headache. I'm happy with my new hair. I do have pictures, but you'll have to wait. Sorry!

1 comment:

Sylverrr said...

I'm super curious to see you hair, but more importantly, I was going to see you race and cheer you on at the finish line and I totally didnt make it out there today. I hope you had a fantastic race and I am sorry I missed it. Can't wait to hear all about it!