Wednesday, March 25

Balance

"Balance is what you find when you step off the scale."

I am not overweight nor have I ever dieted (thank you genetics and athleticism) but I can imagine that phrase being a life-saver to those watching the numbers on the scale intently.

I know there's a delicate balance between how we look and how we feel. I also know that even the prettiest people have things that they hate about their bodies. Why? Because it's their body.

It took me years, but I'm quite happy with my body. Sure there are things that I may change if I could, but then I look at some plastic surgery addicts and wonder what they think when they look in the mirror. At least my flaws came with me (though the bruises and dents and scars were add-ons) and make me who I am.

I know that weight isn't only a number, but it can be. As long as you're healthy and feel good about yourself, why care what number shows on the scale? I would much rather be a little more plump but happy and oozing confidence than eating only celery and rice cakes and being completely miserable.

I think I've found my balance.

No comments: