Sunday, March 22

Snowing in Spring

It's officially spring and it snowed last night. There's a light dusting on the ground. I'm hoping it will all melt today.

Since it's spring, I'm feeling the urge to clean and to organize. Most of the house looks like a tornado went through, but it's a work in progress. We did our taxes and now we're thinking of paint colours for some rooms and pictures to hang on the walls. We're thinking of ways to better organize the basement and the garage. Lots to do.

The meeting at work to tell my boss my decision to stay was not the greatest. For the first time ever, I cried at work in front of people. I'm hoping, as one coworker said, it made my point stronger - that the current situation was really affecting me. Who knows.. it's over now. I'm staying in my current job with my current boss. Not ideal, but the best I have.

That's something I'm working on: being happy with what I have. Whether it's at work or in my personal life, I'm trying to be happy and enjoy every day. Maybe it's the influence that yoga is having on me - that hour every Thursday afternoon to slow down - or maybe it's just that I've had more time to reflect lately. I'm not really sure. All I know is that the more you put in, the more you get out. It's time for me to put 100% into everything I do.

I wonder if that will translate into more regular blog posts....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad the snow waited until I left! :P

Thanks again for making it out for my b-day and for the candy ... I forgot about it and then found it in my suitcase last night - total score!

Ah, organization calm and balance ... all things I'm striving for myself right now. Wishing you lots of luck with your own journey ... and I definitely support blogging on a more regular basis ;)

Captain Underpants said...

I wonder if you will post more or less! I hear you about trying to be happy. I get wound up in problems that aren't problems...juggling finances and stuff like that when really we have everything and are beyond fine. It snowed our first day of spring too, even though it still feels warm. It's the kind of cold that feels like a last ditch cold rather than a deep regular cold. I don't know what I'm trying to say.

I hope your brain re-org goes well. xoxo.

PS you will come see me at some point I feel. Just a jump from Vancouver, a jaunt, a tiny skip over a bunch of forests (+/- some settlements). Totes worth it. Don't worry, I can wait!

Sylverrr said...

I couldnt agree with you more, I am going through a similar state of mind at the moment. It can be hard to get everything straightened out in your head. A friend of mine sent me this email, it was pretty cheesy, but interesting. I should send it to you, it helped me put things in perspective a little bit. I find when I have a lot going on I tend to blog less.