Wednesday, July 29

Classes

J and I signed up for prenatal classes that are offered by the Ottawa Childbirth Education Association in our neighbourhood. They go for 2 hours every Monday night for 6 weeks. Six weeks brings us to the first week of September, which, if you've been paying attention, is the same week I'm due. I'm sure we'll make it because this baby is going to keep cooking until full term.

We had our second class this past Monday night and I'm happy to say that we're happy with them so far. I'm happy because we're both learning stuff. J is happy because our instructor is a very pretty woman.

There are 9 other couples in the class with varying due dates. There's us, at the beginning of September, the least pregnant couple due in December and everyone else somewhere in between. I'd like to say I'm the biggest girl there, belly-wise, but I'm not. I hear all the time how small I am and it would really get to me if I didn't know that it's okay. If I didn't know that the baby inside of me might be small but he's getting bigger every week.

There are so many things people worry about on a regular basis, but so many more when you're pregnant. Add to regular worry, a ton of crazy person hormones and a lack of sleep and you just might see some tears. The past 8 months have been an emotional roller coaster but I wouldn't change it for the world. Just don't tell me I'm too small.

1 comment:

Captain Underpants said...

It just blows my mind when people feel free to comment on how someone else looks,especially stuff that people feel is a compliment (being small is good, as it is the opposite of big) when truthfully the message is "you're not normal".

You're good and that's good! I'm dying to know the name though, so for that (and that alone) September cannot come soon enough. Nosey people want to know! heh