Thursday, July 9

Unpleasantness

Tuesday actually ended up being my last day at work. It was a busy day as I was preparing to transfer my submissions to my coworkers and going through my office. There was some unpleasantness throughout the day but the bright part of the day was definitely the baby shower my coworkers threw for me. I was brought to the conference room on my floor where about 40 people were waiting with piles of gifts for the baby and snacks and cake and balloons. It was incredible to see how many people came. I tried to not be awkward but I'm not very good at being the center of attention. It was a great time and it really shows how lucky I am to work with such a great group of people.

Unfortunately the unpleasantness of the day picked up right after the shower and by the time I left I was pretty much done. J came to help me bring everything to the car. He was amazed at all the stuff.

Tuesday night I didn't sleep well and actually kept J and Sandy awake most of the night too. It wasn't fun and it didn't take much for J to convince me to stay home yesterday. It was obviously the best thing to do so we had an impromtu day off together and my leave started a day earlier than planned. We went out for lunch and went shopping for some house-y things. I had to do my monthly blood work, which went extremely well thanks to my best friend at the blood lab. I don't even have a bruise!

We went to my work after hours to pack up the rest of my office and then went to play volleyball at Mooney's. I made the mistake of trying to play. I'm not hurt, but it sure wasn't comfortable. It's so hard to sit and watch though so I'm not sure I should go to the beach this weekend for Hope. We shall see.

Today, my first official day of leave, has been great. I slept well last night, I took my time going through my regular internet sites and had a good breakfast with Sandy. So far I've done some things around the house and am constantly thinking of other things to do. I'm very lucky to have these two months to do what I want when I want.

As a congratulations-you're-on-leave present, J got me the first two books in the Twilight series. Such a sweet guy, but I'll tell you all about that tomorrow.

3 comments:

Captain Underpants said...

I am as always sincerely dismayed to hear about any possible work unpleasantness (I'm assuming here). So we turn to better things: you're on leave! Hooray! I'm really happy for you, and doubly pleased that you have a lovely deck and a sunny summer (again, assuming) upon which to gestate :-)

xo

Anonymous said...

@ Captain Underpants: I'll email you soon with details.

@ lindsay p.: Twihard-hood? I must be missing something.

- batman

Sylverrr said...

Lindsay p. that is hilarious, and very crazy! Thanks for your educational tidbit :)