Monday, August 31

An Open Letter to Everyone

Dear Everyone,

I am pregnant and at times pretty emotional. I cry over things that would have never set me off before. I'm not telling you this so that you're on eggshells around me, afraid to say anything lest you bring on the waterworks, but please please please think before you speak.

Safe topics include the usual - the weather, the local sports team, complaining about work or coworkers. Unsafe topics include calling my not-yet born kid a brat. Just because it's the last day of August and you thought an August baby would be nice, does not mean that there is anything wrong.

My due date is Thursday and you would think that maybe it would be me who, having shared her body with this growing thing for the past nine months, would like this kid out yesterday. I'm practicing being patient knowing that this kid will come when he is good and ready, but my patience wears thin when I talk to people like you.

Sincerely,

batman

2 comments:

Captain Underpants said...

It is 18 degrees and sunny, except it has rained for the last week or two every day (and Whitehorse is the driest city in Canada. Was the driest maybe?).

Hannah said...

Who would call an unborn child a brat? Weird.