Saturday, August 22

So nice

I have to write about how supportive everyone has been and especially about today. I just got home from dropping J off at the airport. His cousin is getting married in Halifax today, hopefully before hurricane Bill hits, and we decided he would fly out, go to the wedding and come home. He'll be gone less than 24 hours.

I'm considered full term in that I've reached the number of weeks that a baby is considered fully cooked and labour could happen pretty much any time. The thing is, statistically, first babies are born on average 8 days after their due date. That's not until September 11. There is little chance that baby is coming today or tomorrow or even in the next couple of weeks.

But that didn't stop a bunch of people from calling to let me know that they would be available every minute that J is out of town. Cell phones on and ready. Just in case something were to happen. I feel like I have a whole army waiting for my call. It's nice and reassuring.

I will still be doing absolutely nothing today that will induce labour. In fact, I think I hear the couch calling my name... have a great weekend!

No comments: