Monday, January 28

My Ouch is Colourful

At my hockey game January 15th I was pushed and fell onto a girl's stick. I knew my leg was going to bruise because of the pain. I could hardly put any weight on my leg at first. This happened my first shift.

I played the rest of the game and I'm glad I did. I didn't give the muscles a chance to tighten up. The 45 minutes drive home was another story.

The next day, this is what it looked like:

P365 Day 16 January 16  100_0593 (Medium)

And then a week and a half later:

100_0656 (Medium)

It's healing and I played hockey again last week. My leg felt fine while I was skating but not immediately after and definitely not that night or the next day. I had to take painkillers when I got home. I haven't played again since but have another game this Thursday. We'll see how it feels tomorrow and the next day.

Pretty impressive though, eh? I'm impressive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those sticks are dangerous. They should ban them and come up with a safer alternative.

maybe pool noodles, or something.


I suppose my joke would be funnier if there weren't people in the world thinking exactly like this. Sigh.

On the bright side, it's not every day you get to show off something like that! It's very impressive.