Tuesday, February 5

Playing Hooky

If you read about the eye-twitch then you won't be surprised that I took the day off today. It was a mental-health day that was much needed. I feel better already.

And I took care of some business - I went shopping. I had a gift card that was burning a hole in my wallet so I bought some work pants. Then I swapped a Christmas sweater for a light green button-up shirt, again good for work.

Did I mention that last Monday I was called into a meeting with the public and I was wearing jeans? It wasn't awkward but it made me realize that I should be taking my work (or myself at work) more seriously if I want to move up. So no more jeans except on Fridays for this girl. That means I have to build up my work-appropriate wardrobe, hence the purchases today.

So other than that I've been watching a lot of tv and knitting. J will eventually have a new scarf and my brain will turn to mush. Happy mush.

No comments: