Monday, February 25

Tremblant 2008

We spent last weekend in Tremblant. It was beautiful there and a lot of fun on the hill. First, let me tell you about last week. I spent all week feeling like I was getting sick so I stayed home Tuesday and Thursday. Monday was a regular day at work and Wednesday was a full day of training. So there wasn't much working but there was a lot of lying on the couch. And then came the skiing.

Like I said, Tremblant was beautiful.

100_0861 (Medium)

My purple snowpants were hella warm.

218_1870 (Medium)

We started out, me skiing and J snowboarding, on the "bunny hill". I was able to remember how to ski pretty quickly and after a couple runs we were on the chairlift and heading up the mountain. The chairlift went half the way up, and the green run took about 20 minutes to get down. Then we took the gondola. The gondola went right up to the top of the mountain, almost a kilometer up. That run took longer.

It was a rush, but it was freezing. I could hardly have my eyes open, especially once I got going fast. I think I got windburn on my face.

After skiing Friday afternoon, we went back to the chalet. It was a 10 minute walk from the bottom of the mountain. Our friends showed up not too long after that. There were 8 of us all together. Here's a picture of the view from our room:

100_0823 (Medium)

We spent Friday night walking around the village and finally eating and drinking lots of beer at one of the bars.

Saturday was the big day. We spent all day on the mountain. LS took the opportunity to propose to his girlfriend, SM, and thankfully she said yes.

100_0832 (Medium)

Saturday night you might imagine that we were all super tired, so after a huge dinner and some hot tub-ing, we crashed pretty hard. Sunday was hometime and recover time. My shins and calves are killing me so shuffling is the most comfortable way of walking.

All in all, an awesome weekend. And here's a group shot of Tremblant 2008:

218_1808 (Medium)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say, those purple snowpants were somewhat disappointing. I was expecting some solid early-1990s purple! I will concede that these are somewhat more... stylish.

Sounds like you all had a fantastic weekend!