Thursday, April 2

And then...

J and I had a great time yesterday with our big reveal. We wanted to wait to tell everyone until yesterday, but if you've seen me in person lately, you'd know that my belly is getting hard to hide.

Yesterday morning J and I both updated our status on Facebook to "is totally pregnant". In the comments, people hesitatingly congratulated us and J's work friends debated all day whether it was real or a prank. I have to admit that I don't like being pranked, but this was fun.

It's a big relief to finally be able to blog about being pregnant. It's been my reality for the past 4 months yet I haven't been able to say anything. We kept things relatively quiet for the first three months, telling our parents and siblings and some close friends. We told more family and friends at the 3 month mark, but wanted to wait a little longer to tell the whole world. Four months seemed like a good time for the big reveal, especially since that fell on April Fool's.

This is definitely real. I'm due at the beginning of September. I'm not too attached to the due date because chances are it will change. I've had some ups and downs along the way, but generally things have been good.

I'm hoping this blog doesn't morph into a forum where I complain about my situation. Of course there are things that are uncomfortable and things I don't like but those conversations are for me and J (sorry J!) Tomorrow I will come up with something interesting and non-pregnancy related to say.

5 comments:

k1 said...

Just heard the news - CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you have a happy and healthy remaining five months. :)

shelley said...

Hurray! Congrats to you and J!

Kelly said...

Congrats!

Sue said...

Congrats!

Sue said...

I know there are ten gazillion mommy blogs out there, but honestly, the best one is Motherhood is Not for Wimps.

Liz is REAL. She doesn't pretend that mothering is easy. She doesn't buy into any crap about the latest trends in parenting. She just does the best she can, laughs at herself, loves her children and writes brilliantly about it all.