Wednesday, April 8

IT'S A BOY!!

The ultrasound this morning went really well - the baby has all the right parts and measured at the size he should according to the dates. I can't believe that the techs can decipher anything they see. All I see is white-ish-gray blobs on a black background. At one point I thought we were looking at the head when we were looking at the kidneys. Could have fooled me! But she said everything looked good and I will take her word for it.

I was a little surprised to find out it's a boy. There isn't any way I could have known, but I was thinking it was a girl. I don't know a thing about babies either way so it'll be fine either way.

We went back to work after the appointment and started telling people, starting with the family. I think J's grandfather is happy that the family name will live on, not that we were the only hope, but still. We told friends and the people at work. I don't feel any different, but people seem excited all over again. It's a strange thing.

Also strange was feeling the baby move for the first time tonight. For the last week or so, I've been feeling movement but was completely unsure whether it was the baby or gas (nice, I know, but true). Tonight was the baby, no question, and it was strong enough that J was able to feel it too. Incredible.

Today it all became more real.

3 comments:

Alan said...

Re: people getting excited all over again... I can't explain it either but it's true! I saw the title and was all like "woooo!"

So, little dude will have a kidney shaped head? Or head-shaped kidneys...

Sylverrr said...

AAaaawwww! Now Adonis will have someone to play with. Fun!

Sue said...

Congrats!!!!