Monday, April 6

Resolutions in April?

I went to the gym today for the first time in two weeks. Yes, it had been a while. I'm not freaking out because the membership cost is ridiculously low, but my body is happily tired and I'm just tired tired now. Such is life on a dreary Monday.

While I was at the gym, I was reading Chatelaine. I can read while I bike on the recumbant bike, which makes the time fly by. Anyways, I grabbed a magazine that I didn't think I'd read before. I base this on the colour of the cover. Very scientific of me. Turns out, I hadn't read it and it was the January edition. This year's or not, I'm not sure.

The big deal around January is resolutions and getting out of debt from all that money you spent over Christmas. I'm quite a ways away from Christmas and resolution- and debt-time, not that I'm big on either, but still, reading some of the articles about resolutions was interesting. It's good to take a minute to check at the progress we've made or just to reflect on where we are, whether it's a long distance from where we came or not.

Now that I think about it, making resolutions around the new year for a whole year, is pretty silly. The 101 things to do in 1001 days is even harder to come up with "resolutions" or things that will still matter after that long. I don't care, at this point, if I do many of the things on my list. At least not before the deadline, though I do have another year and a half. I'm wondering if I can update the list. It's my list so why not?

My April resolution is now to update my 101 things to do in 1001 days and really try to make the things doable yet challenging. Looking at my list, I know what works and what doesn't, and why not make it a little easier to cross things off the list? That sounds like fun. Having fun is good. Making lists is good. Done!

No comments: